Root Canals Port Charlotte Promenades, FL
Root Canal Therapy to Heal Your Smile
Root Canals Can Remove Discomfort and Improve Health
Did you know that a root canal has the ability to not only stop the pain from your infected tooth, but improve your overall dental health? If you have a tooth that has become abscessed or infected, our comprehensive dental office at Waterside Dental can provide you with an in-house, “no fear” root canal.
Read our patient reviews, and give us a call today to schedule your appointment at our Port Charlotte office.
Tooth Infections Should Never Be Ignored
Have you had any of the following symptoms?
- Throbbing pain in and around a tooth
- A tooth that has suddenly become discolored
- Pus coming from around a tooth
- A tooth that hurts and is accompanied by a small, nodule on the gumline
The Root Canal Procedure
A root canal is actually a straightforward treatment. Here are the five steps Dr. Kiwan takes to heal your infected tooth:
- Starts by completely numbing the area
- Next, utilizing special instruments, he makes a precise hole in the tooth
- Using this opening, all infected pulp and nerve ending are removed
- The interior of the tooth is then sanitized
- Completing the process, the tooth is filled with a special material to seal and protect it
After about a week, he will reexamine the tooth and ensuring there is no further sign of infection. At this point, he will permanently seal the tooth. Depending upon the location, a tooth crown may be recommended to disguise any discoloration due to removal of the pulp.
Root Canals May Sound Painful, But Sedation Dentistry Can Take the Pain Away
Not only is your comfort our number one priority, but we make sure you understand the procedure from beginning to end for optimal results. Contact our office to schedule an appointment with our dentist and learn more!